Freelance Travel Journalist & SEO Jedi
Hi, I’m Danie! A freelance writer, international hot sauce aficionado, and full-time traveler of 7+ years and 85+ countries across 6 continents.
My travel writing has been published on AFAR, Scott’s Cheap Flights, WestJet Airlines, Thrillist, Skyscanner, Calvert Journal, Global Citizens Association, Nine Travel Australia, Hostelling International, Matador Network, Leafly, Troupe, and more.
I’ve also worked as a Branded Content writer for numerous sites in partnership with Visit Britain, Visit Croatia, Eurostar, Delta Airlines, Tahiti Tourisme, and more.
In addition, I’ve had my (non-travel) writing published on Scary Mommy, HuffPost, Parent.com, Highlights, Cricket Media, Thrive Global, Psych Central, and more.
I have years of experience in the freelance writing industry in all capacities– from SEO keyword research and article optimization, to content writing, editing, uploading via a CMS, image sourcing, social media marketing, and full search engine optimization.
Honors graduate of Journalism (B.A.) New York University, cum laude.
Scott’s cheap flights
- Top 5 Best Islands To Visit This Winter That Aren’t on Your Radar
- The Best Seafood in the World (& it’s Sustainable, too!)
- Embracing the Peace in Panama’s Mountain Highlands
- The Best Places to Travel Alone
- Where is Malta and Why is it a Must-Visit? 🇲🇹
- Travel to the Stunning Balkan Countries in 2018
- Top Underrated Summer Destinations
- A Guide to Bacalar Mexico
- 7 Most Unusual Hostels Around the World
- Travel to the Stunning Balkan Countries
- Safest Countries to Visit
- Winter Sun Destinations
- click here to see many, many more
- The 5 Best Thanksgiving Vacations to Take this Year
- Why You Need to Take a Girls Trip and Destinations to Consider
- Where to Travel in 2022
- Bachelorette Party Destinations on a Budget
- The Best Countries to Work Remotely in 2022
- 5 Hidden Gems in Mexico to Discover
- Places to go for a 21st Birthday
- Europe’s Most Beautiful Cities
Global Citizens Association’s
- Learn How to Lime on the Spice Island of the Caribbean
- Koh Lanta: The “Just Right” Thai Island
- The Best Destinations in Central America to Rejuvenate the Body and Mind
- 5 Health Benefits of Spicy Food and the Top Countries to Try it
- Proactive Steps to Stay Healthy While Traveling
- 10 best places in Canada to visit in the winter
- Spending my birthday alone on a remote African island
- FOMO vs. YOLO: The highs and lows of full-time travel
- The Best Jobs to Get if You Love to Travel
Nine Travel Australia
- Beyond the Big Banana: Coffs Harbour’s stunning scenic walk is a must visit
- Step aside Dubrovnik, it’s all about Croatian seaside secret Zader
- The Biggest Lessons Time Has Taught me as a Freelance Writer
- The 5 Keys to my Massive Success as a Writer
- Can Folic Acid Mitigate Autism-linked Effects of Pesticides?
- How Researchers Can Tell Babies Understand Complex Concepts Like Gravity
- Step Away From the Desk: Innovative Approaches to Education From Around the World
- 10 Least Annoying Children’s Books to Give New Parents
Highlights Hello Magazine
BABYBUG by Cricket Media
- Article Writing
- CMS – Article Uploading
- New York University
- Dual Degrees in Journalism (Print/Broadcast) and Psychology
- Cum Laude
Travel Highlight Reel: Playing hide and seek with koalas along the Great Ocean Road in Australia, Paragliding over Medellin Colombia, Bungee jumping the Bloukrans Bridge in South Africa, Tiger fishing on the Zambezi River in Zambia, Hiking Theth to Valbona in the Albanian Alps, Snorkeling with sea turtles on the Gili Islands, Loy Krathong in Chiang Mai Thailand, Exploring Bantayan island in the Philippines
As Featured On:
If you’re interested in working together please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I’ll happily get back to you within 24 hours to discuss. Thank you!